A slice of paradise....
Antigua and Barbuda is the right place if you are looking for a hot Caribbean holidays destination, also called the best kept secret in the holidaying world! The language spoken by 97% of the population is English, the other 3% being Spanish. Unless you come from a country where your day to day language is not English, you will not have a problem to carry on a conversation in Antigua.
Less than 3 hours, flying east out of Miami, Florida, USA, they are the islands you will find in the north eastern 'corner' of the eastern Caribbean (see the map below), where you find friendly people, all year round beautiful warm weather and 365 beaches.
The holiday accommodation varies from the not so hot (you could also call it crappy, if you want...) to very cool, very luxurious, yes, very, very nice. Many a successful business conference, team building and personal celebration, like 'milestone' birthdays and anniversaries are being held here. We have met people that came as far as from Italy to celebrate a prize winning sales performance. In fact, some of the hotels have been receiving Italians for so long, they have become the majority of their clientele.
With 365 choices, over crowded beaches don't exist, with an open- minded and relaxed attitude, like a number of spots where topless ladies were seen and even some nudity, but be careful and don't just strip off without first speaking to your concierge desk.
The best time to enjoy your own hot Caribbean holiday is any time, but obviously the American and British winter period would be ideal. Summer is very nice as hotel rates are lower and believe me, the scare of what is called hurricane season, is nothing worse than you would find if you lived anywhere in Florida, USA....
Finally, this site may look and feel a little different from others we have seen, as it originally started as a tool to share what was going to be our second hot Caribbean holiday with my then 83 year old Mom, but we ended up staying a couple of years and the site has since evolved and still is. Please send us your comments, compliments, rants and raves and please support the vendors who help keep it going.
Please complete below - you'll receive a free holiday voucher and we'll know where to let you know about special offers, etc (your email is safe with us)
Listen to Nice FM, the most relaxed radio station, ever!!!
Just in case you still wonder where the Caribbean islands actually are...
Look at this snapshot of the Western world map - http://goo.gl/AbxL7A
close up image shows the islands up a lot better - http://goo.gl/GTsk9
Jump to the next page.